
OK so O'noir is a place in downtown montreal which is pretty cool. It is a senses diner. First of all When you go in you have to decide what meal you are going to eat. They have a menu with appetizers, main dishes, desserts and a surprise meal for each of those. I decided to get an avacado salad for my appetizer, filet mignon for my main meal and fruit sorbet for my dessert. Hailey got vegetables with warm goat cheese for her appetizer, Filet mignon for her main meal and a suprise dessert. After we chose our meals we put everything we had on us that could make light inside a locker with the rest of our stuff -so we wouldn't trip. Our waiter came and got us from the front desk and had us line up in a row with our hands on each others shoulders and the first person's hands on his shoulders and we walked into darkness. Oh I forgot to mention our waiter was blind. We walked into complete darkness except for a little red light that we could see. I think it probably was a camera. Anyway the point of our experience to eat in the dark and let our other senses take charge and make the food more delicious. The waiter sat us at our table and told us we would find two forks on the left a knife on the right a glass of water in the front and a napkin in the center. we reached out and found them. The first time that I tried to lift the glass to my lips I hit the rim of the glass on my nose.
The first things they brought to us were rolls and butter. Hailey decided to just forgo the knife and used her fingers to spread the butter on the bread. I used my knife and spread the butter very poorly. The flavor of the rolls and butter was exquisite. The rest of the meal went much the same. Hailey used her fingers on everything and I clumsily used a knife and fork. At one point she wanted to let me have some of her dessert. She really let me have it --she hit me right on the head with the plate. All in all it was a wonderful experience Made especially better by being with my favorite friend forever Hailey.




